Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I say.... It is cold right now....

 Last few days it has been really cold and getting up in the morning early to take the dogs out just does not feel good! The forecast says it is to warm up a bit for the coming days and I shall look forward to that. Have you ever tried to 'dress' two little wiggling dogs to go outside with sweaters and harnesses and leashes and putting special wax on the bottoms of their paws for the cold? And then dress yourself and out the door for about two seconds before they want back in and then start the "undress" process again? I suppose I could be stuck doing other unpleasant sort of chores, so i guess i should not complain too loud. 

I finished all my baking up yesterday and decorated the Christmas cookies and so all I have to do now is tray them before taking a tray to Willie next week, and then a tray to Mikes on Christmas. I had so much fun decorating the Christmas cookies - just like we used to do in our younger days at home. I have always kept that tradition over the years expect for lately so this year i was determined to do it again. I pulled out all my old recipes and made most of them. I even made Mom's Rolled oat drops but they were not too good - sort of melted flat on the sheet in the oven, but i fixed them up a bit and they hardened so i will use them anyway.

Today i take the car to the Dealer for oil, brake inspection and a multi point inspection! They must be bored there as he started to rhyme off all that he could do for me haha! I'll take a book! And I thought this morning while in the bathroom that i should make a hair cut appointment realizing time was quickly approaching and I may be too late to get in. I'll try.

So hope all is still well  with you folks. Keep warm if you too, all in a bit of a cold spell. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment