Thursday, December 10, 2020

The necessity for silliness

 I had opened your blog posting, Beth, immediately after doing some reflection within my Morning Pages.  I had been ruminating on the need for some sort of silliness in our lives, when society as a whole is so weighted down with pandemics and politics.  I miss the occasional silliness and even try to inject some into the interactions between David and myself.  But somehow, I think you might have been referring to other aspects of life as we know it, and that's okay too, as it is very much the way life is right now.

Two Zoom meetings yesterday lead me to wondering if we made a mistake deciding not to go with Zoom. It is just so good to see and talk with people outside our "bubble" of two.  One meeting was with my "Divas" group--my fibre art support group.  I talked to them about needing a "focal point" in the large yellow painting I did with thickened dye ( picture on the other blog).  I got a few good suggestions, and plan to play with the ideas, today, if I can get downstairs.  Didn't make it yesterday.  Other than my Zoom meetings, I think I more or less "checked out".  David, on the other hand, worked his butt off.  He made a batch of White Sourdough bread, which starts with the first step the evening before.  Now, one of my meetings was at 9:00, which meant that I wasn't able to get the kitchen sorted out for him, before he started the rest of the work.  We got up just in time for him to get all of his supplies out of the pantry before the meeting started, but that didn't give us time to do anything else, so he had to do all of the work to prepare the area for making bread. Immediately after the meeting, I went to watch The View, which is required, in this house.  So he ended up doing everything on his own.  Later, I had arranged to trade one of the loaves for a frozen leg of Lamb. So now I have to figure out how to cook it, as I've never done that.  Found a recipe on the Internet, which sound like I could manage it, so that is tucked away for when it's needed.  Both David and I think that we got the best of that deal.

The forecast for overnight was for rain, freezing rain and snow.  We had agreed that we wouldn't be venturing out today.  Lately, I've been going for a walk down the block, using my cane, and well dressed.  I don't get far but it gets me out of the house, even for a few minutes.  I'm thinking that may not be possible for a bit. Too bad, as I find it helps set me up for the day.  Otherwise, I don't think my brain gets into first gear.  Not going to happen today.  So maybe I just have to get to it.  Stay safe, ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment