Friday, March 12, 2021

Just filling time

 We  just plug along, filling our need for food, shelter and clean clothes--yes today was laundry day--again.  I sometimes think I see my week as running from Friday to Friday.  Or from Sunday to Sunday, when we re-fill our dosettes.  Being in the basemen to monitor the laundry all day, led to getting busy on my latest project in the studio, and I accomplished quite a bit today.  I'm happy with what was done. (see other blog) I've also been busy playing catch-up with my work for the Gallery. I did nothing during the almost year-long lock-down, and am paying the price now.  But the bulk of it is done, and I can catch my breath.

While I don't like to dwell on my aches and pains, I have to say that my right wrist is giving me grief these days.  For the last couple of days I've been wearing my brace, just about 24hours/day.  Even with the brace, and to a greater extend without it, the whole forearm aches.  We have a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning and I'll be sure to mention it. The biggest blow of all is when I had to put away my EPP.  I was so close to finishing it, and knowing me, it may now never happen.  Still, it's hard not to be optimistic at this time of year.  With the snow going so early, maybe spring will be long and warm.

Now I have to look forward to Sunday.  For several years, Gail and I have celebrated my birthday with a trip to Starbuck's.  We go at other times, but this is a special trip. All year I save my Starbucks Stars, and on  my birthday, we use them to buy both of us lunch, --and we tend to treat ourselves.  We will get our food and then sit in the parking lot, this year, but that's just fine!  We even plan to "piggy-back" a visit to Michael's with our lunch.  All things considered, there isn't much more we could do to celebrate.

Otherwise life just goes on.  We have geese everywhere. Stupid geese! I was out to Selkirk last Sunday and the river was still covered with shacks, trucks and people.  When I was out there on Wednesday, they were gone and it looked as though some sort of ice breaker had been down the middle of the river.  The Christmas Cactus is starting to bloom, and with lots of pending buds showing. David is worried about the rhubarb coming up.  So signs of Spring are all around.  Daylight Savings Time comes in this coming weekend.  Can summer be far behind?  I so look forward to sitting outside in the sun.  Without everything else going on, I treasure that thought!  Even if I can't go anywhere else, I can sit in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment