Friday, March 12, 2021

Starting to see some melting..

 For awhile I was very envious of you folks with your melting and clear streets and yards. Now I think that we may also be blessed with the same and if yesterday is any indication the snow should be gone before I know it. At least that is my plan haha! A bit colder for a few days with some snow flurries, and then warm so the forecast tells me. The winds are really the problem and I do not know why we are getting such strong winds - perhaps a signal of things to come with global warming and weather changes?

I took our Income Taxes into the Accountant yesterday - she has moved her office into a new house in Burk's Falls ( town just south of ours) and it was a bit hard to find at first but we did and I dropped the envelop into the "drop box " at her fence just as her telephone answering message told me too. Generally the response comes within the week and so I can plan my approach for payments or whatever over next month to end of April when they are due.

Would you like some Kale plants - I could send them on the bus ( actually I cannot as there is no bus anymore) so I guess we cannot use that old,funny comment anymore? Boo hoo! The greenhouses are full and as with all other years Harry has planted way more than is reasonable and we end up trying to give them away. 

Hope all is well there. The Hair Salon is now open here and so I want to make an appt if I can for a haircut - just have to make time for that. I called the Dentist office and indicated my desire to still be a patient there so will make an appt over next few weeks.  I have not been reading much lately related to time and energy to do so, but would like to jump in again now that the Library is open for orders. It was on the news this morning that the Sudbury area has gone into lockdown again because of an aggressive increase in variant cases mostly transmitted through the schools. Scary stuff.

Take care and as they say keep calm and carry on! 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment