Monday, March 1, 2021

Kidneys and The Quilt show

 I remember that Daddy's stew's were usually quite hearty.  He often added kidneys. to beef stew.  I think that was a trick from living at home in the 30's--a way of stretching the beef, while adding more protein at a much lesser cost.  But it sure made for a hearty stew, especially when he used carrots, onions, turnip, and celery as well.  The dumplings were another way of stretching the meal, and they always went well with gravy.

I think we just have to get used to The Quilt Show.  I have my favourite spots on the site, and generally ignore the others. I ran into a problem there this morning, and tried their support service.  I "created a ticket" (?) but got a response within about 30 minutes.  Evidently we can no longer use PayPal to pay for either monthly or yearly subscriptions, but have to use something called "Script".  It's a donation site and might actually work better than PayPal.  I've used donation sites before and found them quite reliable and safe.

Today was spent mainly working on stuff for the Gallery in Selkirk.  I did set up 4 dye baths before starting the computer work and just went every 30 minutes or so to give them a bit of a stir, while I was down stairs. I'll finish them tomorrow morning. That way I could tell myself that I was getting in some studio time, as I prefer to do word processing at the studio table.

Tonight it's Cathy's B-B-Q pork for supper and I think it's now ready. Be safe ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment