Tuesday, March 9, 2021

That "fresh" smell..

 Early outside with Bailey and since the temperature has risen nicely overnight i was struck with that ...oh so lovely "fresh" Spring smell and I was so happy. Not withstanding the forecast for lots of rain in next two days though which i am bracing myself for, I was overcome with emotion thinking that just maybe Spring will come and all these mounds of snow will disappear and i can once again enjoy the yard and garden.  I saw the picture in the Free Press of the BDI (bridge drive in) ice cream place open and flocks of people lining up and not a bit of snow lying around and was very envious of you folks there. And Cathy speaks of the mud and slush ( not as nice as the ice cream store opening) and I wonder how long it will take here.  We made a mad dash to North Bay at 4 pm yesterday to buy more soil as we had worked in the greenhouses all afternoon. So took advantage of being up there to shop in No Frills. Harry went into Dollarama and I into No Frills. Can one enjoy grocery shopping??? I did actually - just to get in there on my own, and walk the aisles (and unfortunately to spend money as well haha!)  I have to admit that i do not like to pack groceries on my own. The teller I went to only had one conveyor belt working so I was left feeling awful trying to fill my bags with a long lineup of people waiting for me to finish so the next person in line could put her groceries down. Not a nice feeling but I did it.

Take care all, and happy to read all your news. I have cut back on my computer reading - deleted many blogs etc that I had found redundant so my time now is diminished somewhat in the early morning which seems to suit my life for now. Be safe.😁😁

No comments:

Post a Comment