Friday, March 26, 2021

White world

 Yep, got up this morning to a white world.  A good snow fall that has stayed on roofs and lawns all day.  Since here was no reason to go out, we've stayed at home all day, and hope it melts soon.  Laundry day again.  But the day's worth of loads was done quickly.  We're cooking a small roast in the slow cooker today, so supper won't be a hassle.  But somehow, I spent the whole morning doing a lot of something, and was exhausted by 2:00.  I'm not really sleeping well with this splint, and have had a bit of a nap most days this week, so today was no exception.

I don't think I mentioned that we had a phone call Tuesday from --Hold your Breath--Ron Snider.  He had tracked us down, and decided to get in touch.  He is still married to his second wife.  They are living in Selkirk and raising Welsh Corgi.  He and his wife are very active in the theatre art field locally, as volunteers.  Things like the Fringe Festival and Rainbow stage.  He's somewhat handicapped with bad lungs.  We spoke for about 1 1/2 hours and exchanged phone numbers.

I finished the big beading project I was working on earlier in the week and will be posting pictures on the other blog later.  The bead workshop I took on Zoom Tuesday evening was interesting and I did learn a couple of things.  The rest of it was a good refresher.  The instructor has suggested that we each make a sort  of sampler from what we learn, and I sort of like the idea,  I have a design in mind, but would need to buy a few more beads.  At the same time, some of the ladies in the workshop have expressed an interest in buying some of the seed beads that I would like to get rid of.  Sounds insane, doesn't it?

I've heard nothing further about Jessica.  Last I heard was that she was home after surgery.  She has a huge bandage on her hand--her right hand.  We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Well, cooking supper has proven to be a challenge to both of us.  I've been on the phone with Gail for the last hour, but now, best I take a more active role in the discussion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment