Monday, March 29, 2021

Weather not too kind...

 A bit of an update. We had a snow storm last evening and night - lots of snow and windy. I lay in bed most of night watching to see if my clock radio would flicker or go out or be blinking meaning a power outage or surge of some kind. I noticed nothing so felt satisfied. However, something must have happened as this morning while shoveling i went over to the little greenhouse and was shocked. Cold and no heater on. Panic set in of course, and i quickly started the heater again but the plants were looking unhealthy. We watched them most of morning and were discouraged to think that we had lost them after all the work and vigilant care taking. By afternoon when the sun had been shining in, we were relieved to see that although a good few were gone, there were a healthy number of plants left showing life. It was a close call. Just shows what might happen unbeknownst and in spite of your constant care and worry. So, I'll just store this away in my basket of worries until another day, and get on with today. I made myself some corn beef hash for my meal and devoured it with great delight. And then I had a piece of homemade apple pie that I had made yesterday and devoured that. And I have just devoured a Wisers Deluxe on ice. So I guess there is nothing left for me to do but close up the house and head for bed soon and read... I have been really enjoying my "before bed" reads again and thrilled to be back at it. So I hope you have had a good day as well. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment