Friday, March 26, 2021

The rain is here...

It never rains but it pours seem an apt saying these days ...I suppose both with the weather, but also with other aspects of one's life haha!

I just set up the sump pump outside as i do when it is to pour even if i do not know if I shall need it. It is calling for copious amounts of rain, then ice pellets and then snow. Which one should I pick as my favourite?

I am visiting Daisy and her family this morning with a tray of homemade cookies and a card since it was her Birthday yesterday. I baked the usual choc chip cookies but also a recipe for oatmeal raisin that i found in my box from you Pati.  Both turned out well so i hope there will be leftovers to keep here at home when i make up her plate.

We went to North Bay for an appt for harry yesterday and I was able to shop at No Frills again - I like to do this on occasion. They have set up a queu line for all the carts and people to check out and you line up and then as a cashier is available it says to the first person in line and announces it on a telescreen at the front of the line "Go to cashier #5" or whatever. Very efficient and fast moving and much better than people cramming all around the aisles.

Harry put an ad on the net for people to get free plants eg Garlic and Kale so I had my first customer yesterday afternoon. Cleared a few of the excess plants out of the greenhouses - only to make more room for more as Harry bought more soil and little pots yesterday as well. Oh well....

Time to go...I must get my Lottery tickets on way to Daisy's and have to pick up meds at the Pharmacy as well. Have a nice weekend folks.Sat night there are extra $100,000 draws on the 649 so I plan to buy a ticket on that. You never know...just might be our lucky day folks haha!

Hope all is well. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment