Thursday, September 3, 2009

Apples

The apple harvest here is a disaster this year, and our tree is no exception. We usually get enough to share with the neighbours and freeze 6-10 large pies a year. We then have them for the winter. Not this year! Most of our beet seeds disappeared but we still ended up with about a dozen fine looking beets. One very nice surprise in the garden was a very pretty, high, ground cover plant. I think it's some kind of hardy geranium--or at least fromthe same family. It has blue flowers, and I had it in the planter on the patio last year. I paid a lot for it, and the tag said that it was a perennial, so last fall David put it in the garden. Well--it's huge! And covered with both flowers and bees. A "keeper".

I don't think it was the "trials" life throws at you I was thinking of as much as I was moaning about how our emotions can only deal with so much and appear to shut down. This is a common phenomena, and mentioned in counselling literature. We deal with things, but we become numb. At some point, which maybe unrelated to the original experience, we experience a rush of emotion that catches us by surprise. This can happen years afterward. I feel numb now, and of course, I have to control any emotion for fear of setting off a chain reaction.

So I saw my new doctor yesterday. Now we climb on our bikes and head off for lab tests, then to Timmie's for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment