Saturday, September 19, 2009

Be - waiting for a hot water bath

Yeh! My usual Saturday night routine - a nice hot bath while listening to Randy Bachman radio show on CBC. Only I have little hot water tonight due to my doing a wash late in day - shame on me. So I have poured a partial tub and will wait for the water to heat up again and then fill it up a bit more. As you can see, my life is full of so much excitement I can hardly contain myself.
But Cathy, you casually mention entertaining celebrities at your home and you don't tell us except in your passing comments! Please tell me more.....as this, too, excites me!
I feel as if I ate that BBQ with you, Cathy- at least my body feels like I did. I have eaten so much this weekend. And although I won't give you all the details of the "whys and hows", I found myself with 8 cups of cooked rice. So I have a double batch of rice pudding in the fridge with about one third of it eaten, and had to freeze the rest of the rice for another time to make pudding. Tomorrow I will start all over again trying to make cabbage rolls with uncooked rice. I'll let you fill in the blanks...haha
We went to the Fall Fair today in Sundridge - was the 125th celebration and so lots of pomp and circumstance. It was fun to walk around and look at all the entries into the competition for baking, canned goods, flowers etc and remember when years ago I used to enter every section and what a pain it was. As I was thinking this, at the same time Harry is saying to me " we'll enter again next year" because our stuff was better than what received prizes. Oh boy, here we go again....
I have arranged to have lunch with my friend Sue on October 16. She always keeps in contact with me - sends long letters and the odd e-mail and yet I never seem to respond. I can only hope to improve in keeping in contact with her if I am to have a friend at all.
Anyway, water should be hot now so off to a nice bath. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment