Monday, September 7, 2009

Long weekends

are nice to have. Here it is, 9 am and I am at home. I was up at my usual time and got a bunch of stuff done, so now I can sit down. I haven't been feeling good this weekend. I have about 6 hours of energy in me and then I crash. So much for the big weekend party. I went for supper on Saturday and was home in bed by 9:30. Friday I didn't go at all. Yesterday I was okay for a while, but I crashed about 3pm and was in bed before 8pm. I did get a 19 quarts of dill pickles made and about 2 1/2 large bags of chopped onions in the freezer. We just don't have anyplace cool in our house to store root crops. They start to sprout almost as soon as you bring them in! I am going to make some dill carrots either today or this week. Fall must be here because I already have 2 meetings next week. You sort of resent them when it is nice out, but come winter they break the monotony. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, but it has been so nice out this past week. I was even in the pool a couple of times. We didn't use it much because it was so cool out all summer. (that didn't stop the kids from being in it until 11 pm!!!) There is hope at work finally. They are reviewing the applications (all 80 of them!) and hope to get it down to 10 to interview. Patty and I told them we wanted someone with a warped sense of humour and who talks to themselves.... they will fit in that way :) As long as it is someone who is willing to learn and work. I have to keep checking the washing machine. I think it is on it's last legs, but I don't want it to die in the middle of a load! We are hoping to get a couple of ears of corn for supper. The grasshoppers have eaten all the silk from the tops, so we have to peel back the husks to see if they are ready or not... that lets the grasshoppers in at the corn... it's a vicious circle. They have eaten all the tops off of the onions, and have stripped the carrot tops down. Enough rambling... how do you two keep on topic when you write!!! Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment