Monday, September 7, 2009

Finally----

nice weather. We've had the A/C on for the past three days, for only the second time this year. My friend Roseanne, brought her sister over last night, and sister bought both a sunprint hanging and a small collage. Sister had seen the sunprint in Sioux Narrows, and has been kicking herself for not buying it before. Roseanne had bought a collage when she was over last week, had it framed, and brought it to show me. She had it under glass and I suggested that she try it without. Sister agreed with me. It sure looked good framed like that.

Right now we are gearing up for the art show, in Beausejour, this coming weekend. I'll be out there for three days looking after the show area for the marketing co-op. Although I'm not involved in the actual Eastman Judged Art Exhibition, many of the co-op members are very involved in it and they wanted a spot to display their own work, even though they weren't able to enter the show itself. Talk about stress! The lady chairing the committee running the whole shebang is moving this week from Anola to Winnipeg. Put in an offer on a house in Transcona on last Sunday and got possession Friday. And the committee itself appears to be imploding. Glad I'm not part of it, I just hear about it from various sources. Gotta love those arts groups!

Amber and Samantha were over for supper last night. The three adults appeared to be exhausted and just sat and watched Samantha play. Jessica was with the other Grandma, to spend the night, since the Grandma has a holiday today. The little one sits in the rocking chair and rocks herself and makes a funny but consistent sound. I think she is saying "rock, rock", and I believe you started it at the lake Beth. Amber's not so sure but the cadence etc is right and the words almost, but not quite, there. I was looking, yet again, at the pictures you sent and thinking about some one's comment about us reaching the age when we held coffee cups instead of wine glasses. There's no indication of what might be in those coffee cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment