Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Bad

I've been neglecting the blog. I found your entries this morning and David--looking over my shoulder--says"Oh those were on yesterday". Where was I? Sleeping for most of it I guess. Feel like crap today. I spent the night in weird dreams, most of them leaving me with a deep sense of anger and frustration--can't remember the dreams, but I sure don't feel rested.

There was a kids carnival across the street at the church yesterday. They put up a big bouncer, so all the kids in the neighbourhood see it, and then they offer free food. Who can resist? You have to go in the building to get the hot dogs, and then sit in tables in the sanctuary. There is live music, and during the breaks members of the church come and sit at your table to talk with you. When this happened I whispered to Amber, " Now we pay the piper" She didn't really know what I meant, although she caught on fairly quickly. Goes to show that cliches loose their meaning passing from generation to generation.

They are very careful about the kids in the bouncer. Only a few are allowed in at any time, and they are careful to put in kids of about the same age. Samantha tried to jump but couldn't manage well. She still did better than one little girl who just stayed on her hands and knees and looked terrified. Jessica played the carnival games in the church basement, and won a bottle of bubble juice.

Before that. Amber and I, and the girls, went to Mitchell's Fabrics to buy something to use as a backdrop behind Santa for her work Christmas party. Amber wanted blue with snowflakes, and proved to be quite inflexible. Since her whole budget was $50, and she needed 6 metres, the blue with snowflakes was out of her range at $16.95/m., which p----d her off! We finally got plain blue and she and I are going to screen the snowflakes on. Now I have to tell you that trying to look after two little girls on the corner of Main and Logan on Saturday afternoon is a challenge, but not nearly the challenge of looking after two little girls in Mitchell's Fabrics, especially when we got into the basement! On our drive there we passed the Catholic Church on Munroe, just when it appeared that some event was ending. Amber and I were talking about whether it was a funeral or a wedding, and decided that since everyone was dressed in black it must be a funeral.
Then Jessica, hearing us talk about clothing asked about the boy in the dress. Try to explain the function of a priest to someone who has never been to a church service!

Jessica is taking gymnastics this year. Amber found a place that sounds very well run and Jessica is loving it. They had tried a place last year that just wasn't right, and I'm glad that things have worked out. So in the bouncer, Jessica was trying to turn cartwheels--the new skill she picked up this week. Not a good idea.

This really does sounds as though I'm living through the grandchildren this week, and I guess I am. Nothing exciting is happening. We did get a few apples off the tree, and tonight we have apple crisp, along with a beef roast. We so seldom eat beef that I'm really looking forward to a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment