Friday, September 25, 2009

Incentive to housework

Has anyone found one? We got the kitchen window and the window in the back door done yesterday. That's the "royal" we, you understand. It seems to take a massive act of self discipline to start any task. Company coming gets the bathroom done. Wednesday I made a flying trip to see my friend Dianne, whom you both met, She moved in mid-June, came down with pneumonia, in late July, and, as a result, is still unpacking boxes--and has along way to go. So she and her husband have been living in the middle of total chaos for over three months. I know she does a little bit every day, but awards herself with studio time. That's her incentive--the studio time--not the need to alleviate the chaos. Her studio is an old ironing board on top of a couple of boxes and a stool--but it's in front of her patio doors and a view. I guess what I'm saying is that we all have our own idea of what's necessary for us to feel comfortable in our own homes. I need to be able to see out of my kitchen window, and I need to be able to walk around barefoot and not have my feet stick to the floor. Beyond that, things have lesser priority.

This all seems to be apart of aging. I have less tolerance for fools and aggravation. I'm embarrassed at my lack of tolerance for persons in service industries who can't communicate in English. This is becoming a problem around here. Not so bad face to face, but a real pain in the butt over the phone. A recent poor communication over the phone caused me to make a trip to Misericordia where the problem was very quickly sorted out--by the woman at the next desk who spoke English well. This is not a good side of me--I'm not proud of it--but who cares?

Oh my! I'm cranky this morning. Too windy for a bike ride to ease my frustrations. I'm just plain angry these days. I have to wonder if this blog is becoming the "brain dump" that Morning Pages were for awhile. Food for thought. Maybe I need to take the time to jounal as well. I just read the book " The Life and Loves of a She-Devil", about a woman who, after a life of inconsiderate treatment and abuse, got angry, and went around doing everything her way, treating others the way she had been treated and, in the course of events totally ruined quite a few lives. A really good read, although at the end I came to realize that she was a total sociopath. Of coure, that meant that she felt fine about everything that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment