Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer in September

The weather has been wonderful here, too. The best weather we had all summer! Unforunately the long range forcast has cold temperatures by the end of the month. Enjoy it while we can. Still no one hired at work, but they may hold interviews by the end of the month. Maybe by November we will have someone. Meanwhile, the garden calls.... last night at about 3am, while lying awake, I realized that I had made my pints of dilled carrots as though they were quarts. 2 cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs of dill in each pint!! The carrots may be interesting when they are ready. Today was meat day and due to a mis-order we have beef tenderloin steaks! I think I may enjoy them. I am looking forward to seeing Pati at the end of the month. We will have to touch base as to plans. The Crafts Guild display will be featured during Contact Manitoba. It will get some provincial exposure then.. Due to a massive increase in weight I have decided that I have to do something. I know that diets and I do not agree, so I am going to try to follow Canada's food guide and exercise more. I think I will have more luck losing weight with control, rather than deprivation. (I hope) Everyone at work has exercise machines at home that they are ignoring, so we are discussing setting up a mini gym in the basement. I have a exercise bike and a step climber, Patty has an eliptical trainer, Elizabeth has a rowing machine & Mallorie has a treadmill. There is $120 available from the government for "wellness" and we were thinking of yoga mats and maybe books. It may be something that we will succeed at, if we are all serious. Meanwhile, I had a vodka and 7 and potato chips for supper. Not an auspicious start! I am headed to bed with a book and some relaxation. It is early, but I have to get to work early tomorrow. Maybe it will all balance out. We have to work at the meat draw supper on Friday (clean up in the kitchen for both of us) After that we have NO plans for the weekend. I told Jim to say no to any invitations. Maybe I can get on track again
Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment