Saturday, September 19, 2009

Still Summer in Neepawa

This is the best weather we have had all summer! I worked at a Legion supper last night and didn't get home until after 9pm. I sat outside, no jacket, until about 10:30 reading a book. The only reason I went in was because I was tired! It was another busy week at work, but hopefully they will be interviewing soon and we will have someone by November. I know we still have months of training, but just having another body in the office cuts down on some of the stress. The staff had a party at Elizabeth's place on Thursday night. We had been saying we needed something to let us relax, and I guess she believed us. Her husband started bbqing at about 5:30 and we didn't stop eating until about 8:30. There were raw veggies, and cheese, crackers, meat etc. ( I ate an olive but everyone laughed at the faces I was making) Then there were hot hor doerves (from the bbq) Then Shrimp, then corn on the cob, then salad and pork chops, then desert. I'm surprised I was able to move to come home! The supper last night was a kick off to legion week. Veterans and spouses of veterens ate free. Everyone else paid $8. I wish people would sign up for these things..... there were only about 40 some signed up, but well over 100 ate. We ran out of meat, but the rest lasted. And NO plates came back with food on them. We have a new dishwasher, so we used real plates and cutlery. Clean up took a while, but mostly because people were sitting and visiting. The dishwasher was really quick once we got it working. I work again on the 3rd but now I am a dishwashing pro! I have to get some more stuff done from the garden, but it is supposed to be 31 out today (sorry Beth :)) Tomorrow may be cooler, so I think I will pick today and pack tomorrow. I really need to clean the house. There is sand everywhere. We are billeting 2 musicians this year (We only had one last year) We have Steve Slade on Oct 21, and Valdy on March 13. That gives me a month to clean up before the first one. It's just that once the weekend comes and I have a chance to rest, I really resent having to work just as hard as during the week. Just a fact of life I guess. Or maybe it's just because I am naturally lazy. A bit of both. The dogs can hear that I am up and they want me to let them out and feed them. My masters call. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment