Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Looks like a beautiful day

Yesterday was so dull and dreary. Then rain and dark by 7:00. I spent the day working on making a free standing stuffed rabbit door stop--and isn't that a mouthful! My hands feel like I've been wrestling a python. Oh, oh--looking out the window shows what a truly filthy window it is. I knew that, and have been ignoring it all summer, but now I've run out of time, since I don't want to go through winter looking through fog. See how exciting my life is.

Cathy, today I'll try to get in touch with the woman I'll be working with next Wednesday, and sort out the hours she needs me. She had said something about picking up the exhibit about 7:30, loading it in a van, and then driving to Neepawa. We have to unload and set up the exhibit at Viscount Cultural Centre, but she figured we would be free sometime in the afternoon, and that she could be back in the city for supper. David and I will use our own car, share supper with you-- somewhere , somehow--and drive home later in the evening. I don't know what she plans for October 30. It may be just driving there, and packing the exhibit for transport to Thompson. ( I sure didn't volunteer to drive up to Thompson. ) So we should be able to have supper with you and even spend part of the evening, since that's a Friday. I'll let you know what I find out, and we can fine tune our plans. It may take a couple of days as she only works part-time.

Today I have a repeat mammogram. My appointment is at 3:05. Talk about precise planning. The lump I found didn't show up on the first one, and hadn't been expected to, as it's in a "position very difficult to visualize". So now we try again. I have to ask-- does this mean that, even though my doctor has palpated it, as have I and my husband, does it not exist unless it can be seen on the mammogram? I'm not terribly concerned, as I've had fatty desposits before, and they have been investigated up to the point of consulting a surgeon, but I want to make sure. The funny part is that, last night after my shower, I glanced in the mirror--what's this??? A huge ugly bruise on the breast they are going to examine. I have no idea where or when this might have occured.

So that's the news in Winnipeg. And it still looks like a beautiful day. As soon as DH gets up, I'm going to try to talk him into a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment