Saturday, September 5, 2009

Be - Saturday morning arrives...

..and I have time at the computer. Harry is off to the garage sale circuit as is usual Saturday morning routine. I really should be cleaning the oven - yesterday at Petawawa we bought some side pork at a really good price - always seem to have great prices for pork at Canex. We arrived back home about 5:30 pm and Harry asked me to cook off some of the side pork. So I quickly put it in the oven at 350 degrees and the oven started to smoke more than it should with side pork. I realized that when I baked the apple pie the other day it spilled over some juice onto the bottom. This was now burning and smoking which is OK? except for some reason the bottom element was damaged by this and apparently "blew" as witnessed by the clock and lights on panel flashing, and the baking indicator then going out. So after my lecture about poor baking and cleaning practices, I continued to cook the pork on my tabletop grill. We tried to change a fuse but it was determined to be the element which will need to be replaced. But before that can happen I need to clean the bottom. This is the first oven that I have had that self cleans but with no element working I shall do it by hand.
And so my weekend begins. I hope it gets better as the weather is supposed to be great with sunny days forecast.....I have many other projects lined up for me related to produce - apples, vegetables etc that needs to be done as well. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment