Saturday, March 22, 2014

All beered out

The VCC beer tasting was last night.  We sold out, which is great, but we only had 80 tickets.  Lotsa of beer went, and it was a different crowd from last year.  Swamp Gas played for beer again, but most of the guys bought tickets to support us.  Wonderful music.  They had me at the Guinness table (big mistake!)  I had Guinness, Guiness Black, Harp,Kilkenny, A cream beer (also by Guiness but I can't remember the name) and Innis & Gunn.  I sold out of all but 2 cans of Kilkenny & 2 cans of harp, and some of the Guinness Black.  I hope they made money, 'cause my feet were/are sooo sore. Jim played spoiler and had the badk annonuce that Canada won the 1/2 draw at the Worlds.... You could hear a mixture of Yeahs! and Oh No!  I was taping it!  One more week until I "officially" no longer work for the Government.  It is getting a bit hectic as the "Powers that Be"  realize things they hadn't thought of.  I got a letter yesterday.. They extended my acting status at work until Mar 31, 2014.  Yippee!  I have a job for another week!   Overtime next Friday and Saturday as we get everything switched over for Monday Morning. I am on the accounting end in Neepawa, so I have to make sure the programs and Visa machines etc are working.  I also have custody of the gifts that Teranet is giving all the new employees.  I wonder if they will be as nice when we are totally under their control.   I guess it is time to draw up my shopping list and head out again.  I have a meeting on Sunday that I am supposed to take the lunch to, so I better have something to feed them.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment