Sunday, March 2, 2014

So cold!

We had to go to the library and bank yesterday, so bundled up and headed out.  The cold air hit me and I was cold.  I have taken to sitting in the car whenever possible, while David runs into thing like the bank.  While sitting there, I noticed that the a/c was on.  Car was a little warmer after I took care of that.

After we got home I still couldn't get over the cold.  Finally I went to bed--the only place I could feel warm.  When I got up David brought me a pair of polo pajamas bottoms that he had used as long underwear when he was working on the big snowplows.  Darned if they didn't fit, so I wore them for the rest of the day under my jeans, along with a long-sleeved T-shirt, a heavy duty hooded sweat shirt, and my hreavy compression stockings.  David was cold too, and the wind was strong and cold, so we turned the thermostat up, and were much more comfortable for the rest of the day.  I think I'm going to wear them again today, along with an undershirt, under my clothes--although we have NO plans to move out of the house.

Unfortunately, it looks like David has the beginnings of a cold, so we'll have to pamper him today.  But then, it really is his turn.  We have been blessed so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment