Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Best laid plans

I had decided to work on my upstairs, cleaning and tidying, this week.  Then, Jim decided he wanted to move the old, downstairs, microwave.  4 hours later the entire bar was re-arranged.  AND the microwave is plugged in and working...  I will probably have to be back at work by Thursday, so I think I will relax a bit today and putter rather than work.. I need to get one fun day in.Our rehearsal for Whitemud was cancelled last night.  Margaret ended up in the hospital. They think the start of it was a clot in her lung.  Last I heard she was resting and waiting to be sent to Brandon for an MRI.  We figured Margaret and her husband gone the rest of us would be too worried to concentrate on doing a good job.  Now, of course, next week Jim can't make it and the next week Ron will be gone.  Good thing we are doing a radio play and have no definite deadline for completion.   I cheated last night and had a Delisio rising crust pizza for supper. (3 for $10)  It was surprisingly good.  I might go back and pick up a couple more if they are still on sale.  Quick and easy when you don't feel like doing much.   Tonight we eat out of the freezer.  I know I have soup and stew and chili and lasagne down there.  I just need to pick one.  I also have a ham bone in there.  I just don't know what to do with it ( I detest pea soup)  All the clothes I gathered up on Sunday are gone.. out of the house.. never to be claimed again.  I really liked some of them,but they were so....how do they say it.... 30 pounds ago!  :)  Our new windows will be delayed arriving..... the snow is still too deep to get near them.  It means our hydro bill will go up a lot for 5 years,(to pay for them)  but in the long run it will help.  The one in our bedroom really leaks air and is covered in frost most days.  The seal in the living room is gone, so you view the world through  a foggy haze, and the kitchen window has to be hammered shut every year because it always has a gap in it.  I am still going out to get a lottery ticket for tomorrow  One of these days I will win, retire, and we can all go on a holiday.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment