Monday, March 24, 2014

my plan

I want to post some more pictures, of Cuba, but realized that what I most want to convey to you is how huge this place really was.  I am going to mail each of you a copy of the site map we were given when we checked in ( at 4:30 am, mind you).  I hope that with the map, the pictures will make more sense.

The final assessor was here this morning.  Things have gone very well, and it looks like they will not be replacing the floor in the basement, nor will they be fixing the china cabinet.  It is a little distressing to think that we will be loosing our "no claim" deductions on the house insurance, but it is only for three years. In my opinion, if was almost worth it to not have to deal with the mess ourselves.Just the rental of the fans and humidifier will take most of the deductible, and we still have the two rugs they are dealing with.  I wouldn't have had a clue how to deal with the good one, and the other one ( a remnant bought to keep at the back door) would probably have just been thrown out.  We can't do much more right now, until they replace all of the baseboards that were taken off, so the studio remains chaos.

Over the weekend, I attended a two day painting/colour class.  I left feeling less satisfied with myself, and realize that, if ever I have to give up sewing, the painting will not make an acceptable replacement. 

This week there is another large quilt show At the CanadInn Polo Park.  I have saved a big portion of the money I made last fall, so that I can go and buy supplies from some of the vendors--especially thread.  Th company in Dundas where I mail order my specialty threads will have a booth, and I will actually be able to see the colours of what I buy.  To be able to shop, I am going to try to rent an electric scooter for the weekend.  so today will be spent exploring that option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment