Monday, March 24, 2014

Good Morning

The start of the last full week of March begins - should be nicer outside but what can we do?? Last night went down to almost minus 30. I quickly walked past the greenhouses on my early walk with dog - I can't see the inside thermometers through the windows because I have them covered and also because the ice coats the inside of the window - not usually a good sign! Have to wait until it gets lighter and hopefully the sun will shine and warm them up. I had to go to the storage shed yesterday to get more of the cover up blankets because the ones I had were so frozen they were stiff I couldn't cover very well with them that way. Ugh!
Yesterday I had a craving for comfort so made Mom's banana cake and even added maple flavour icing. I used up some ripe bananas and also satisfied my urge. Also made an apple pie and it was especially good this time - so much better than a store bought one. I also made some meat sauce and had spaghetti for supper. So you can see I was really in need of comfort food haha
Have confirmed dates with friends for luncheons and so this gives me something to look forward to and also an excuse to get my hair cut. Will go on April 23 to meet friend Sue in Huntsville for just the two of us as the tradition really started, and then on Sat June 21 there will be five of us meeting in Huntsville again. The extra person is another of the old gang who I haven't seen for years. It will be nice to get together and enjoy their company and conversation. It has to be a Sat because she is the only one of us who still is working.
So, have another good week. Hopefully it will be without any major issues for us all. If only we could wiggle our nose and dispense with the snow. Don't know where all the snow and melt is to go when it finally starts to melt away. I guess that is for us to wonder and worry? haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment