Friday, March 7, 2014

Memories of a great day

Another birthday has come and gone, but I had a great day. Keri took me out for lunch. ( I had Confetti Vegetable soup... I wish my soups were that good)  Despite the weather, Kris and Sandi made it from Killarney and we all went to Brahmas for supper.  They brought me a new plant... a bromeliad that was flowering.  Just beautiful!  And a tree ornament that Kris said was to hang on the plant :)   Jim was going to buy me a birthday beer before supper, but when we got to the legion, Lisa bought me a beer and then Bonar bought me a beer!  Jim lost out 'cause there was no way I was going to have 3 beer!  Lisa also gave me a card and a bag of Hawkins Cheezies.  It's sort of a joke since I sometimes pop into the Legion at noon and buy a "bag of lunch"  (cheezies)    I got my birthday email from Larry.  He sent along a couple of pictures from our trip in 1997.  I sure look young and skinny.  It was funny in a way, cause one of the pictures I can remember exactly where we were and what was happening!  (Selective memory??)  I got a whole bunch of birthday wishes from mu Facebook "friends" too.   And an email from a woman at Brandon Land Titles.  I asked her how she knew it was my birthday, and she said she had no idea when or how it got there, but it was on her Outlook calendar!  Dennis stopped into the office to give me a big birthday hug.  His wife's birthday is on Monday, so I told him he had to give her a big hug too... He said he gives her a big hug every day!  What a sweetie!  And now I have both today and Monday off work,.. four days in a row.  Lovely!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment