Sunday, March 16, 2014

Food

You are right - eating well can make a big difference in how we feel. And I think it is too easy to decide not to have anything or to just nibble. I am just as bad sometimes but then my body tells me so and I smarten up. We start another Survey on NielsenScan today for one week. We have to log in every day what we drank, ate and nibbled on for every meal. So I keep a little log each day and then at end of day log it in. Need to know brand, and location of purchase etc so much of my entries are made up as I really do not know.
Yesterday turned into a wonderful adventure. It was blowing and snowing but we drove up to Powassan ( about 25 minutes up the highway towards North Bay) and found the United Church. The BookShop as it is called, is located in the basement of the Church and as far as I can figure out is volunteer run. It is only open Thursday for two hours and Sat morning for three hours. But what a selection and all organized so well as to author or interest or topic. Very crowded but that's really how you want to see a used book store right? I was amazed at how many Stephen King books there were and of course, much to my delight - there it was Wolves of the Calla. Just what I was after for so long. But to add to the excitement, in the same basement but in a different area, they were putting on a Pancake Breakfast so we indulged again and had a delicious breakfast with lots of bacon and sausage to go along with big fluffy pancakes and juice and coffee.( that would make two breakfasts for me because I had already eaten at home haha) Harry met his contact and got his coins and then off home to mind the greenhouses. Had to water and Harry planted more to go in. I had to adjust the one heater in the little greenhouse  as a few plants froze the other cold cold night. Just can't count on any consistent temperatures right now so just hope for the best. Middle of March and we still have such horrible weather all over - you and us!
Well, today should be spent at home doing laundry and I think a trip to the dump but hoping to stay close to home if possible and no rambling. The closing ceremony for ParaOlympics is on today but I doubt if I will watch as needs the computer to be on - I am not using my laptop much anymore so have to take time at desk computer when I can.
That's all for now - I shall have another coffee as the morning comes to life, and then on with the day Take care



No comments:

Post a Comment