Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday morning greetings

I sit with my hot coffee, some orange sections and freshly toasted cinnamon raisin bread - the raisin bread I made yesterday in the bread machine!  I also made some meatballs in the crock pot following your instructions Patty and was thrilled to have them for supper and enjoyed them. I had taken some ground beef out on Friday for supper but Harry spotted Medallions on sale at Foodland so we had them instead which meant I needed to cook off the ground beef. Your message came at the right moment haha   Staying close to home these days with the cold snowy weather persisting in taking over our lives and annoying me to no end. But then you folks know all about that - I hear so many news reports and updates now from Winnipeg about the terrible weather, and then I spoke with Cathy on Friday and got a first hand update. Nice to speak with you Cathy. You, too, are looking forward to some vacation time so I shall think of you both as you enjoy some well earned time - Cathy maybe you should look into a spa day or something to substitute for Patty's Cuba experiences?  Still sorting through stuff here - yesterday I counted and wrapped 119 Olympic Glasses and boxed them up - Harry put them on Kijiji but I don't know if anyone is interested in these glasses anymore? I finished a small hooked Christmas hanging and will store it away for next Christmas decoration, and now sewing together thousands ( I exaggerate) small knitted squares to make a throw. Them have another box full of knitted strips to sew together for another throw. All of these have been conveniently stored in the basement for years. I had to shovel again yesterday and must get into the greenhouse today sometime to water. I haven't opened the door for last few days because of the extreme cold and not wanting to lose any heat if possible that the sun produces through the glass during day. Starting Monday for a few nights the temps are supposed to be milder so that may help before another cold surge hits us at end of week. We are likely going to Midland on Tuesday according to latest word.  Well, the day starts now, so I'll bit farewell.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment