Monday, October 3, 2016

Bad luck?

Do the bad luck events come in threes?   If so, I shall NOT be using my Duchess China Mug for awhile.  In the last week I have broken not one, but two of my favourite mugs.   The one was used for tea and was a pottery mug - large and green and beautiful. It was a freak accident.  I had just poured a hot tea, and sat on chesterfield and Scooby jumped up onto my lap.  Some how she fell off knocking the mug off the little table in front of me - and hot tea all over my feet and also on her. And the mug shattered. Yesterday, I was carrying a load of wash downstairs, and had put my empty coffee mug  on top of the laundry intending to place it on the counter on my way downstairs. Whatever happened, I forgot the mug and got to the laundry room and dropped the basket on the floor - sure enough ......smash!!1 There was my special 2014 limited edition Tim Horton's mug all over the floor.  You can't buy these one of a kind mugs but once a year before Christmas.  And this one was extra nice. Harry actually went onto EBay and Kijiji to look for any being sold - sure,  if you want to pay $$$$$ for it.  So, now my adventures to the Thrift stores will take on a new incentive! 
Lots of outside work these days.  Also getting ready to take my dear kitten to Vet tomorrow for his surgery. None too early - he has found his manhood and is trying his best to mount our female cat - hopefully with no success ( she is supposed to be fixed) So for last few days and nights they have been sequestered.  Life is not boring haha!
Well, I better get back outside as my absence has been noticed.  I'll tell you next blog about going to an Art Show and a Quilt Show over the weekend - left me full of inspiration and wanting - but that too, will fade with reality and time!   Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment