Friday, October 14, 2016

Stressful couple of days


although I'm sure my stresses are less than those others endure. I'm still upset about having to back out of the sketching group. It turned out to be much more organized and demanding than I had anticipated, and I simply told them that, and left.  I have quite a few sketch books around here, from previous attempts to develop skill in this area, so feel somewhat of a failure.  But I did a couple of sketches, just to try to get back in the habit of a sketch a day, and they weren't too bad.  Now I just have to keep at it.

David is concerned about the amount of finished stuff I have on hand.  He certainly has a point, but I'm not sure how ready I am to deal with it.  With all that has gone on in my life over the past couple of years, I've done much less in the way of exhibiting things, enough so that I notice the loss in income.  I've usually managed to pay for a lot of my supplies ( although there has never been any expectation of profit). Not now. After the last few years of non-productivity, because of health issues, I'm ready to create again. This excites me, but the accompanying need to disperse my art is a real stumbling block.

Yesterday we spent time trying to buy light bulbs.  This change is worse than the change from Imperial to Metric.  Not only do we have to replace most of the light bulbs, we have to replace the dimmer switches we have all over the house. We had four tri-lights that needed bulbs, but the only thing that will replace them is one single bulb, with one single amount of light, that is the equivalent of 60 watts. This is just not enough for either of us to see well enough to read.  As well, the light has a very obvious yellow tinge--totally useless for anyone who works with colour.  Thank Goodness for my Ott lights.  I don't know what I'll do when those go.  Since we were shopping at Rona--a very big store--I used a scooter they have on hand.  Why do staff in stores (usually male staff) think that if you have a handicap, you must by mentally impaired?

Add in the recent FAN Retreat, and the end result of all of this is that I'm stressed--to the extent that my hair is falling out--another stress.  During the night I realized that, as usual when I'm stressed, I seem to be coming down with something.  Took a pill last night and spent almost 12 hours in bed, mainly sleeping, and woke up with a sore throat, and aching all over.  So I plan a quiet day, in hopes I can stave it off.

Yes Cathy,  I vent too.

No comments:

Post a Comment