Monday, October 31, 2016

Google Hallowe'en

I was terrible.  I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do!

Still fussing with hexies here, but it should be finished soon (today?)

Had lunch with my ATC group yesterday, and picked up several very nice card.  One in particular had a drawing of a tiny fox on it.  Very apropos, as the theme was the colour orange.  I was good and ate only a small tossed salad with a skewer of Souvlaki chicken.  But very expensive. 

We also went out an bought me a new short winter coat.  I just couldn't bring myself to wear the very old, very large, lime green with blue paint on it, parka that I've used for the past 10 years.  We found a very nice, much more lady-like, two piece parka in a very subtle deep burgundy and fuchsia stripe ( vertical stripe).  The timing was because I had a time-limited coupon that was worth $50.00, so the price was certainly right.  I also had a second coupon worth $30.00, and found the black pants I've been looking for for 5 months.  A very successful day. The coupons were sent to me after I bought all the clothing in June.  Lately a couple of friends suggested that I check out Giant Tiger for clothing.  I was surprised at what they had in my size, and for good prices, but no outer wear, so I'm certainly going to be looking there for less formal clothing.

Today we have a couple of errands to run, and then plan to head for the mall right after supper to buy birthday gifts for Amber's girls.  Both Amber's and Loren's children have found that they like to do things together, once in awhile, so a bowling party has been planned for Nov 19th.  It's sort of nice to hear about this happening.  I've known that Amber's girls have wanted to have cousins, as most of their friends have lots of cousins and are often involved in family gatherings.  Evidently everyone enjoyed the time they spent having photos taken for the 50th wedding anniversary, and this has grown out of that.  The cousins on the other side of Loren's children are much older, so this works both ways, even if there is still an age difference.  Jessica has also taken up dance this year and is loving it.  I remember the push to have her do that years ago, and how she absolutely refused--at the time.  "Nuff said about that.

Okay, back to the salt mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment