Thursday, October 20, 2016

Still trying to control the stash

This morning we went through the trunks and chest in the basement, to see if there were any more small quilted pieces that could be re-purposed or disposed of.  We found a few, and reduced the stash to two rolled parcels.  I expressed that we had done a thorough job, and the decision was made to stop the culling process.  The few pieces we selected for re-purposing were washed, and David removed the beads on any that had them.  We estimated how any zippers we would need, and drove over to Pembina to buy same.  A nice break, as we stopped for my coffee on the way home.  Now I have enough work to keep me busy and off the streets for a few weeks.

Last time I posted that we had bought some dainties for the ladies who were to visit yesterday.  They declined any refreshments,  chose their treasures, and we had a nice chat about the state of health care since we had all retired, and before, for that matter. This left the problem of the dainties.  Well, I found out that, once I start, I'm not able to stop.  My body appears to have a physiological need for carbs.  Makes sense after 70+ years of eating them.  We have made the decision not to have any in the house, at any time.  This was after David baked sourdough multi-grain bread yesterday, and a batch of shortbread as well. The supplies we had bought for the traditional second batch of shortbread are now sealed up and put away, either in the back of the pantry or the freezer.  I'm not sure how this will go over with the family for Christmas, but I can't allow myself to care.  I know Loren is on a diet again, but I think others may complain. ( He watches it pretty carefully.  The influence of a good woman??)

So, supper is under control, and it's back to work.  Wish me luck, and a Divine influx of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment