Sunday, October 23, 2016

Lovely day was had...

The Luncheon with the ladies was most enjoyable - lots of talk and laughs and remembering. Harry had dropped me off at the restaurant and he went about visiting the usual stores in Huntsville while I was in the restaurant. When we were done, he picked me up and we then had to go shopping for Mike. 
Harry had been speaking with Erin and Mike and finalizing plans for the end of the week move.We bought Hallowe'en candy and right now harry is making up bags so that at their new home they will be ready for little ghosts and goblins.  Also, we shall be going early Saturday and heading for Markstay with some of the fragile items eg Mike's stuffed deer head haha!  And we shall buy Subs for about 8 to have at the new home.  Erin's mother and her boyfriend will be staying at the new home Friday night (they are bringing a bed with them from Toronto for the new home so will apparently have someplace to sleep in the otherwise empty house ) Then the truck and everyone else will arrive sometime Saturday. Should make for an exciting, busy time!
I mentioned a book that I bought. It is called Joy On Demand (The Art of Discovering the Happiness Within) by Chade-Meng Tan.  Probably not a book everyone would run to buy and read but as I have been trying to live a positive life, and heard an interview on CBC with the author, I was encouraged to at least read it.  I don't take everything written as gospel, but with each such book, I draw from it what I feel relevant and useful for my purposes.  It mentions what are called "joy practices" and although I am not really into meditation per say, these singular quick and easy practices will be useful on a day to day basis to reinforce what I want as a happy positive approach to life.  So, here's hoping I shall benefit from some of the suggestions!
Well, too cold right now to attack the pile of leaves outside, so I shall do some inside work.  It actually snowed a little yesterday as we left to drive to Huntsville. Nothing serious but it was the first snow for this Fall.
I just enjoyed a homemade Apple Pancake for breakfast.  It was as delicious as I imagined having thought about it for a day or two haha!  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment