Monday, October 3, 2016

Life without Poker

Things may not be completely dark and dismal.  David managed to sign into a tournament last night.  Paid 20,000 chips for the privilege, and then took first place in the darn thing, winning 240,000 chips.  Earlier he had signed into one that cost him 100,000, and didn't win.  Over 400 players, and he finished two places below the money.  So he's only looking at one tournament a night, at this point.  Good thing as he only has a little more than 1,000,000 chips.

I, however, have entered into a very productive phase.  I am finishing things in the studio--putter-y things such as ATC's, well in advance of the exchange, and my exhibition quilt three months ahead of the deadline.  I read the information sheet for the upcoming retreat and discovered that there is a bit of  a "flea market", and we're welcome to take finished product to sell.  Remembering how my small fibre art group here jumped on my medium sized purses, I've hauled them out and am in the process of preparing an inventory sheet.  I have a couple of tasks during the retreat and one of them has taken a bit of preparation, but now I have that done.  Two more sleeps!!

My weight is down about a pound, and I can now truthfully say that I have lost 10% of my body weight twice.  I think I said that once before, and then gained a bit back.  But this also means that I'm slightly below the number that has had me spooked.  Of course, now I face 4 1/2 days of eating whatever is put in front of me, at the retreat.  But I will behave, and with the extra activity may be okay.

Some of the clothes I bought in June are now too big, and have left for the thrift store.  At some point I bought a couple of sweaters.  One was a disappointment, but I love the other one, so went back to see if they had it in a different colour.  Sure enough they did, and, as a result of all the new clothes in June, had received a $25.00 off coupon.  So I have the sweater, which will make a very nice outfit with some newer pants, and picked up two T-shirts as well. All for less than $100 before tax.  This all means that I can justify getting rid of the old T-shirts that have been hanging around.  The end result is a couple of new outfits for the retreat, and a better frame of mind for me in going there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment