Thursday, October 27, 2016

Wha's up?

A very quiet blog.  I know Beth is busy helping Erin and Mike move this weekend.  Having done this a few times, I know what a busy time it is, but, at the same time, there is something about a group of people pulling together on a demanding job that can lead to that feeling of comradery that turns it into a bunch of "feel good" moments.  I hope you experience this Beth, to balance out all of the sore muscles.

I have spent the last few days doing a whole bunch of hand stitching.  A big, big bunch, and not finished yet.  I had forgotten what a "pinta" the hand finishing of the small purses can be.  So, I've put them aside in favour of another hexie project bag.  I would have to make 7 small purses to bring in the same amount as a project bag, and I managed to finish two small purses in 6 hours, yesterday.  Then I basted more than 75 hexies--enough for a large bag--in 3 hours.  It won't take much more than that many hours to put it together, and a lot less frustration and sore hands.  We've been out to pay the bills this morning, and a small errand to run this afternoon, then I can sit down and stitch some more.

Makes it sound as though I spent yesterday sitting and stitching--well, I did.  We stumbled upon a "Smokey and the Bandit" marathon in the morning, and ended up, more or less, watching all three movies. Gosh, I loved that first movie.  I think it was a classic, which is probably why they made the other two, which, IMHO, were garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment