Friday, October 21, 2016

It is really cold and miserable but...

......I made good use of a day inside - no outside work!  I did venture out early to get my hair cut as I had mentioned.  Now for Luncheon tomorrow all I have to do is use the curling iron.   Back home, I pulled out some sewing on the hexi cover I have been doing, and then switched to finish another Stone Barrington novel.  Now I am going to do some logging in for the radio stations, and maybe look at The Quilt Show as I think I am a show behind?  Harry is in bed with gout. Seems to be moving back and forth between his feet but nevertheless, is painful. 
Sounds as if you are really plowing through your treasures Pati - hope you are keeping a level head when deciding to repurpose or otherwise dispose of some of your past works? Although, it would be very interesting to see a work of art transformed into another work of art.  Repurposing sounds like a perfect way to do that.
We were out to the Log House yesterday and bought more apples - this time Mutsu which are green, juicy and sweeter. Now I have in my mind to make an original Pancake House Apple Pancake.  You sent me this recipe years ago, and I pull it out every once in awhile as a real indulgent treat. I think that will be my breakfast for Sunday morning. 
I was speaking with Mike yesterday - one week until they move. he says he is sick of the upheaval and anxious to get it over and settle into his new house. I don't blame him.  I think I am still on for cleaning the old apt and apparently being present there for a local appliance store to pick up his used large appliances. The new house comes with fridge/stove/ washer and dryer so they want to sell their current ones.  The moving truck comes early Saturday morning and they should be into their home by Saturday night.   Harry and I may drive there for a peak on Sunday if Mike and Erin are up to it.  
Well, folks time to move on.  Have a nice weekend and I hope your weather is nicer. I spoke with friend Monik in Medicine Hat today and she says it is warm and sunny there so I expect you will be the same, or get it shortly?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment