Monday, October 17, 2016

Haiku you say?

After you mentioning it, I tried a few.  Not much luck at this end.  I spent most of the weekend, sorting and playing with some of the stuff I have stored in the basement.  I found a couple of teaching samples and experimental pieces that I thought I could turn into the little purses I make.  This lead to the need for more zippers, so we were out, both Saturday and Sunday.  I had forgotten what a zoo the corner of Regent and Lagimodiere can be on weekends, although it's getting that way any day of the week. An added bonus to a trip like this is that I can stop at Starbucks for coffee.  I can see those trips becoming few and far between with colder weather.  Both days I tried to sit outside and read over the coffee and both days got driven back into the house by the wind and cold.  We also picked up a mounted canvas that I need for a project.  Those things are much more expensive than last time I bought them.

The snowblower has been picked up for servicing.  David had arranged this awhile ago.  It hasn't worked since we got back from Cuba in February.  There would have been no way we could have got it to the shop with out the pick up, so money well spent.  He is also planning on having the snow tires put on in the next week.  Sort of a sad time of year.  I wonder how that emotion could be worked into a haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment