Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Buuuuurrrrr!

And you folks are also a wee bit chilly in your parts as well, apparently.  Bundle up to go outside, or if you are staying in, cuddle up!
I was sitting with my coffee on the chesterfield and have the "fire" roaring on the TV.  I have that lovely DVD that plays music and sets a warm fire to sit by. At some point while in this repose, I realized that perhaps one should get on with it.  Reality hit. Christmas is all but over. So I made another coffee and sat down to write a few words. Don't want to move too fast now, do we?  Yesterdays Turkey is the leftover meal for today. And I made the stock last night so all I have to do is make soup and maybe freeze that.
Thinking of my travelers with reports of snow squalls along Highway 11 yesterday.  Mike left Toronto just after 8 am. Erin is staying on for a few days more.  He hit rough going around Orillia cutting his speed to about 30 km because he had zero visibility for awhile, so he cut across on #12 to the 400 and then up to #69 and into Sudbury that way. ( So no visit to dear old Mother this trip) He called about 1 pm to say he was home safely and their three cats all were fine but the house was cold. They have an elaborate heating system controlled by either of their cells phones but when there was no activity he guesses the computer put it into energy save mode. That was soon rectified, and he was about to slip over to the tavern for something to eat.  Erin should be home in about two or three days and when I hear she is safe, I shall worry no longer.
So how are things with you two? Hoping your Christmas was happy. The pictures showed a happy crew anyway, haha! And when I opened the blog just now, there was Cathy smiling at me. What more could I ask for.......my family!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment