Thursday, December 14, 2017

Deep freeze here

And a good thing as yesterday we bought foods (at Wal Mart !!)  for our turkey dinner that we plan to have sometime between Christmas and New Years. And since I currently have no room in the freezer, I was able to put them outside to keep frozen - turkey, bread for stuffing, bacon, etc. The two bags of fresh cranberries to make cranberry sauce are in the fridge. 
Very cold but a nice sunny day so I was outside trying to move some snow. The outbuildings needed to have the roofs cleaned off and a few paths around the greenhouses needed to be cleared. I didn't get to the house roof yet but that will come. I hauled out my snowmobile outfit which is nice and roomy and warm - this keeps me comfortable while outside. When I went for my walk this afternoon I put on a pair of sweat pants over my slacks and this made a big difference in keeping the cold out. The hydro bill is enjoying all this weather - I still record the watts used each day and see it jumping up dramatically every day.
I made Nuts and Bolts yesterday ....yeah!! I wonder Cathy why you say your Nuts and Bolts do not turn out well - what is it you think is not right, as I used your recipe to make mine. Maybe we can compare notes??
Anyway, tonight I am going to try to sleep better by having a nice hot milk just before bed. Nothing worse than laying in bed all night watching the clock tick on and on...  Take care (have a good sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment