Saturday, December 30, 2017

Years end...

And the weather seems to have the upper hand. Many events being cancelled for the New Year Eve celebration. I heard that The Forks will still go ahead (at least that was the last announcement on CBC radio) but the temps are dipping once again so who knows. We don't plan to go anywhere so staying inside at home sounds just fine.
I read in Free Press that "the last cross stitch art store" is closing in Winnipeg. Pati will this affect your access to supplies or did you not use this store much. I guess when your friend Caroline closed down it left few good options, but now it sounds dire for those who count on such places to keep their art viable. But then the on line shopping has really come to be the way to go right?
My neighbour and friend Ruth is having a hard time following surgery. She had her hip replacement Dec 18 and much trouble since then. Had to stay in hospital a few extra days because of BP issues ( she crashed one night and they had to transfuse her)  I was over to their house to visit this past Thursday afternoon and played table game with them and then the next morning saw the fire rescue and ambulance at their place . I called over after the ambulance left and her husband said she started to bleed. He was following the ambulance so I was to look after their dog. I took him for a walk etc and glad he was used to me. Turned out that the North Bay hospital just cleaned her up and sent her home. The Orthopedic Surgeon there would not see her because she had her Sx in Parry Sound. What a terrible health care system we live with today! 
She is home still and waiting to see her Surgeon on Jan 9. Apparently a Nurse visits her every two days.
So I wish you all a Happy New Year. And may 2018 really be happy for all of us.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment