Saturday, December 9, 2017

Not sure how to describe the last two days

Yes, we had a sale.  It was in my friend Gail's home--a beautiful open concept home on an acreage just north of Landmark.  Friday we setup in the morning.  By opening, at noon, there were four of us, all of who were to be demonstrating some aspect of our craft, all day.  Since there were  no customers until after 5:00, we had a wonderful afternoon getting to know each other, networking, and sharing our philosophies, and skills within our craft. Later in the afternoon, we were joined by a woodburner, but until then, there were two jewelry makers ( with very different types of jewelry on display), two fibre artists, ( again, each with different types of goods) and a lady with very diverse fibre/mixed media interests.

Shortly after 5:00 we had five customers arrive in two different groups.  That was it for the day.  But what a wonderful day-- making new friends, exploring different crafts, and enjoying a wonderful homemade soup lunch with way too many dainties ( supposedly for customers).

Today there were many more customers, and many more sales.  Everyone made at least one sale, and the jewelry makers both appeared to do very well.  I did a land office business in book marks, but, otherwise not well.  Although David later pointed out that it was actually the best craft sale I've had this year--and he's right.  I also got a good start on two new projects, via the demonstrations.  I also ate far too many dainties, and will have to go back onto Phase one tomorrow, using my new scale.

On a down note, David knocked the passenger side mirror off the car backing it out of the garage, Thursday evening.  He took it in Friday, while I was in Landmark, and parts have been ordered. No, I didn't take in enough to pay for the repairs.

I was exhausted last evening, and I'm exhausted tonight.  I have come to realize that I'm just not used to so many hours of continuous socialization, no matter how much pleasure I actually experience with it.  Not sure how to deal with that.

So, off to my bed time cup of Sleepytime tea, count my money, and, hopefully, a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment