Thursday, December 21, 2017

Frantic times

Not so much because of the season, but rather with a very busy studio schedule.  I think I mentioned being part of a very hush-hush studio project.  I was expecting my instructions by the first of January, and have wanted to clear everything, so as to finish my task by the end of January deadline. Well, they arrived early this week, and I'm so excited.  Have spent the last couple of days planning in my head, and then writing it down, while doing hand finishing on previous projects. Actually started the first step of the task today.  Exciting!

Yesterday was spent finishing the new utility quilt we have for the spare bed, to replace the cats.  They are really too big for the new mattress, and are maybe ready to retire.  The new quilt is not as big now it's been quilted ( I sent it out, as it was too big to be done in my little studio).  So, it may turn out to be just a summer cover.

We were out this morning for David's last orientation visit to the CPAP distributor.  He received his own personal machine today, and will now only have to see them for a once yearly servicing.  Then we were off to the dollar store for a tinfoil turkey roaster.  also picked up some reading glasses with a higher magnification than previously used. (Yikes!)


I need more bookmarks made by the end of January.  The price of blanks ,and accompanying tassels is outrageous, so I've been experimenting with making my own.  I just couldn't find any soft cord, but the lady at Fabricland suggested that I try sash cord, at $0.35/m less 20%.  It only comes in white, but  I thought it might dye, and Heaven knows I have enough dye lying around the house.  Unfortunately the dye I have didn't work, but I found a little package of a different dye, bought years ago and never used.  It had to be simmered for 20 minutes, and setting that up was a challenge.  You both know that David gets involved in all of the strange and quirky things I do, and he really was a help with this. It worked, and the cord is now a light beige ( Desert Sand according to the package).  Twelve of them were finished last evening, while I played poker ( won-first time in ages).  The first 6 were cut 10" long, and the second 6 cut 12".  I think the 12' is better.  Then I shred the cord with a stiletto to make it tassel-y.  Tonight I have to finish the rest of the 10 m.



 I'm struggling to adhere to my eating regime.  ( Bad time of year) I was very discouraged yesterday, and was even think that I should just give it up.  I spoke to David about it, and he is now trying to be a little more encouraging.  My best pair of jeans now has a huge stain on it, and may have to be replaced, I sure don't want to have to go up a size if I buy some. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment