Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Puttery day

Lots of small errands to run.  Started of going out to Selkirk to take some of my smaller purses, as they are getting low in the gift shop, out there. Then to the tea store in River eights.  Dropped a couple of bags off at the thrift store.  Yesterday, I attended the annual Christmas luncheon with my Tuesday Stitchery group.  there were just four of us.  One lady is quite ill with the very nasty flu that we have this year, and another won't come unless she can ride with the  first lady.  A third lady travels a lot, and prioritizes most other things, so we don't usually count on her at the best of times.  Then I went to the hairdresser, as I needed to renew my highlights.  They are supposed to be subtle, but still mask the grey.  This  was the first time this woman had dyed my hair, although she has cut it in the past.  Well, they aren't subtle, but they are still stylish.  I wish they were more subtle.  'Nuff said.

This evening, I was off to my fibre art support group.  This meeting is always a mixed blessing.  The main event is a 'show and Tell of projects we're working on.  right ow I seem to be stuck in a very traditional groove, and am finding it difficult to progress into arty stuff.  The work I saw tonight was wonderful, and left me feeling inadequate.  But I did get my utility quilt back from the long armer.
I am well pleased, and David seems happy with it too.  An acquaintance had expressed concern when she heard who was quilting it for me, and had advised that I might not be pleased.  She was wrong.

Tomorrow, there are a couple more errands, but I should be able to spend some time int he studio as well, and then in the evening, is the meeting of the local quilt guild.  This is the meeting when I deliver the stockings I made last fall.  I admit I'll be glad to get them out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment