Sunday, December 10, 2017

Driving in snow squalls today

Up to North Bay early today to have a day to myself and do some shopping, and then go over to visit with Willie.
I was fooled by the hours of the Mall. I shopped in WalMart first which is open early and was done by about 9:45 and ready to hit the Mall which is usually open at 9:30. Jokes on me - today is Sunday and the Mall opens at 11 am.  I thought being Christmas and all that it would be open regular hours. No. So I drove across town to No Frills and Giant Tiger and put in some time there and then back to the Mall by 11:15. All this time it is snowing and getting worse. I had a visit with Willie as planned and hit the road by 1 pm - slow going to get home but that was fine with me. Only a few snow plows on the highway and only the one lane was suitable for driving although there were a few yahoos who chose to zoom along and pass leaving a snow screen of zero visibility.  But all is well and I made it home safe and sound.   A little disappointed with my shopping as I couldn't find what I had written down as possible gifts for Harry, and that always puts a bit of a damper on things.
Pati I love your jewelry. The best gifts are the ones you buy for yourself haha! And doesn't it feel nice to be able to wear something new and in fashion. Since I don't go out much that requires dressing up, when I do it is usually Mom's pearls that I put on. They feel fancy and comfortable so I wear them with pride.
So I am a bit bushed now - I will have to go out early in the morning to do the shoveling and by then there should be lots more snow to make it worthwhile. I cannot believe the amount of snow that has fallen this past week and apparently not over yet!  My back aches just thinking about it.  And you should see the little dog Bailey run and jump in the snow - he loves it. I wish I could let him run faster but I cannot keep up to him without fear of slipping and falling and no way I want that to happen. So he wants to go faster and I am holding him back and it reminds me of the vision we all have of the reindeer prancing and prancing to take off with Santas sleigh. I just laugh at the poor little guy as he prances along and so tiny he is!!
I better get going. I have to put the birds to bed. We have one new chick hatched the other day, and several eggs left to hatch but maybe they won't. I feel sorry for the poor mother budgie - what a life.  I would love to separate the birds and put all the females in one cage and all the males in another and see what happens.  At least I wouldn't have to worry about chicks hatching haha!
Nighty night. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment