Monday, December 18, 2017

Greetings from the cold and snow...

I know cold and snow are not foreign to either of you but it gets a bit monotonous each day here....same same. Although, it is supposed to warm up and the snow falling this morning is that delightful soft flakes that drift down and fall on your nose. So I take solace in that.
I am interested in that book that you are reading Pati.  So I will ask at the Library if they can order it in. Probably won't be until the New Year but that is fine. It may take me a while to get through it as well.  Right now I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I found the three books in a bag while tidying up and had forgotten I had them.
I have been experimenting with meals and recipes. I get the magazines at the LCBO when they publish them and have found some very interesting ones. Yesterday I made French Onion Mac and Cheese Casserole. I must say it was delicious. I have always loved french onion soup and of course, mac and cheese, so this recipe combined the best of both. The only drawback was that it called for gruyere cheese grated. Harry went to the store and came back with a small slab of it - cost over $12 - I cringed but used it anyway. So I have to watch some of the ingredients as I am not likely to be splurging like that again. Have either of you used gruyere cheese for anything?  The next recipe I am wanting to try is a chocolate chip cookie but made in a cast iron fry pan all in one dish. I looks good and the pictures shows two spoons digging in! Maybe this recipe will have to sit on the shelf for awhile haha! 
So another week ahead and at the end of it is Christmas. If I can get through my Mammo appointment on Thursday, then all shall be well.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment