Sunday, November 3, 2019

Exhausting day

Having trouble with my internet, and hearing that the last time the Geek Squad was here, the fellow said I was just about out of memory, I took the computer into Best Buy today.  They said that the problem was more likely that   piece inside that controlled Wi-fi was starting to wear out.  They had a little gadget that could take over Wi-fi and it would be a cheap fix that they would recommend for the first step.  All I had to do was plug it into a USB pot. We also found out that we were entitled to Bitdefender as part of the package we bought in June for their services.  They would install it if we left the computer with them, or we could call their on-line service to talk us through the process.  Got home about 1:00 and --you guessed it--spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone.  It took 3 separate phone calls to do it. When the dust settled, I still hadn't installed the little gadget.  Well, I plugged it in and the light started going off and on a very, very fast speed.  I know that USB stick do that but ever so much slower.  So I read the installation instructions.  Gobble-d-gook, and the best part of another hour.  I'm exhausted, but want to get a good sleep with the workshop tomorrow.  I think I may have to take this back, tomorrow, and hope they can help in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment