Tuesday, November 12, 2019

My thanks, and an update

 My trip today, to Best Buy, was a bit anti-climatic.  I prepared my self for battle.  Wore my luck underwear.  Wore what would have been work clothes, in the day.  ( do we all remember those days?  Cathy is the closest to them)  David insisted on going with me.  I took all of my receipts, and even took the very old computer in the trunk of the car, in case any sort of data transfer became necessary.  I practiced say "Fix it or replace it".

Went into the store, and waited a bit for other customers to be cared for. saying that I knew I would be awhile.  The computer was sitting in front of my on the desk.  I was polite and explained what had happened on Sunday.  The fellow looked at me and said "Sounds like the computer itself is the problem".  I couldn't believe it.  Then he turned it on to see this black featureless screen I was talking about, and the damned thing came on and behaved beautifully.  Bad words!!

The final decision was that it would be replaced.  We spoke to the same guy who sold it to us. He talked about the upgrade they recommended.  I really wanted the 17" screen.  I think I could have lived with a smaller keyboard, but not a smaller screen.  Then David noticed one larger computer on the other side of the display table.  The salesman says "Oh, that's the new version of the one you have.  They are just coming in".  More bad words!!  This is what we had wanted in the first place, not to be told it didn't exist and the best they could offer me was their display model!  Anyway we are upgrading to the new version of what I had in the first place, but they  are "in transit", and may not be in until Friday.  So I have the new/old one, which is working well except for sending e-mail, and with Poker Stars.  They have agreed to assist me in working with Microsoft to re-activate the code on my Office 2019, which they installed on Sunday.  Lots of promises, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment