Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Re-establishing my habits

One thing I didn't get with the second data transfer for my computer, were the very many internet sites I had bookmarked.  It used to be my habit to sit with my tea, during and after breakfast, and deal with all of the computer junk, checking my e-mail, playing those games that require daily use, and cruising the Internet.  This was the most frequent time for my blogging, and I tried to make it a habit.  In the evening I do a more hasty check, and often, if I haven't blogged in the morning do it then.  Like Cathy, I'm having trouble establishing those habits again, after being without the computer for almost three weeks.  

I'm, also, slowly trying to re-connect with all of those web sites I used to spend hours searching out.  One thing I don't want to make a habit of is 2-3 hours in my nightie playing on the internet every morning.

After my busy Saturday, I still don't appear to have caught up with myself, or else, I'm fighting something off, such a s a cold or mild flu.  Just no energy, and wanting to sleep all the time.  another thought is that we haven't yet replaced the CO2 detector that fell apart.  Best we look after that in the morning.  This has meant just basically doing nothing other than the basic minimum- preparing food for myself, and bathing.  This is giving me lots of time to reading Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville series.  Really weird ( really weird!) but not something one ever wants to put down.  I'm finally on the last book of 5, but just getting started.  I also know there are one and maybe two  novellas, associated with the series.  I've read one of them, "Rough Justice", and have the other on order.

Thursday, we are going to a concert at Club Regent.  If you remember, last year we saw Randy Bachman, in November.  this year it's a free concert for Players Club members, a tribute show to Dolly Parton, and Kenny Rogers.  David had to get up early one morning, and get in line to pick up tickets at the Ticketmaster box office.  Each Club member was allowed only two.  Well before we found out about this, I had signed up for a casual meeting and workshop with Textile and Fibre Art Manitoba, an organization I belong to and exhibit with.  The meeting lasts from 10:30 to 1:30, so with the concert, we're looking at a very long day.  However, tomorrow is also "pay day" and that means grocery shopping.  Not looking to that, at all, given how exhausted I am right now, after doing nothing today, but having a nap.

Almost 7:00.  Best have my bath and get ready for bed.  Oy vey! My life has come to this!

p.s. Just before I signed off I remembered the blog "Pickled Gizzards" by Alison Schwabe  ( I needed to add her name when googling it)  I checked it out and found not 1, but 3 blog entries I had missed when the computers were down. All about cooking Lamb and "Fairy Bread".

No comments:

Post a Comment