Friday, November 22, 2019

It never rains but-----

Today the "black box' that connects my tv to Shaw died.  This meant that David had to disconnect everything and take it to the Shaw store to get a replacement.  Then the replacement had to be connected, and programmed to match my tv.  Sounds simple?  No it isn't.  David brought home the new box, connected it, and said that the rest was up to me.  I had a booklet of written instructions that had so many names of parts and tasks that it read like Greek.  so, I called Shaw.  Spoke to a nice lady, who took over while we were on the phone.  Just sitting there with nothing to see, as we were only on the phone.  She asked me to get David on the line as the account is in his name and privacy matters--of course.  (snort) It took about 45 minutes but she got me up and running and we hung up after my thanking her.  I turned around and the damn system is doing up dates.  Meanwhile David headed out yet again, (we had been out earlier for coffee and groceries) because the yogurt he had bought was the wrong one.  Once he was home everything settled down, until he turned his tv on. No connection.  So he gets on the line to Shaw, and discovers that in connecting me, the lady had disconnected his black box instead of the broken one of mine.  this meant that he had to go back to the Shaw store for yet another box, which he brought home and then had to call Shaw yet again to get his connected.  That took awhile.  I had eaten supper ( this had been going on since about 1:00)  so he sat down to supper and discovered that his tv was now doing up dates.  In between all of this we were trying to get our huge , once-a-week laundry done.  

We both spent the evening playing poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment