Sunday, November 3, 2019

Quiet weekend

David is watching his football games, which allows me to do pretty well what I want.  I've been playing quite a bit in the studio.  Yesterday I did a bit of painting with acrylics, using a method I saw on Design Matters TV.  I think it may have potential, and plan to buy a couple more cheap canvases today--maybe Dollarama or Walmart?

We drove by the two houses with the Halloween decorations Friday in the early afternoon, and the stuff was gone.  I imagine they took down the balloons as quickly as possible, maybe even Thursday evening, as I can see them being stolen pretty quickly or even vandalized.  Is that something to worry about in your area Beth?

The house is starting to get a little neglected again, which means more work in my future.  There is a meeting out in Selkirk tomorrow. It should be somewhat demanding, so that may be just enough to take all of my energy for the day.  I plan to cook extra chicken for supper tonight, so that the leftovers can be used tomorrow.  I've been trying to follow my food regimen quite closely.   My only sin over the past 5 days was two shortbread cookies that David was making. Then he put them all in a tin and hid them to age. Unfortunately, I maintained quite nicely but didn't loose even a 1/2 pound.  Obviously my energy output is too low, but I really don't know how to bump it up.  Maybe more housework?  Painting and sewing is pretty sedentary, when you think about it.

Well, sitting here isn't the answer, so best to get up and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment