Thursday, November 28, 2019

Same thoughts here...

Pati, I had that same thought and even expressed it to the organizer who seemed to shun the idea. Then by coincidence the next day i spoke with another of the regular bus goers, and i was surprised when i mentioned it to her that maybe we could all throw in an extra loonie or so into the box that is being collected for the bus driver - i was a bit shocked to hear her say that she and others were opposed to the idea of even collecting for the bus driver but that this organizer had taken over from her mother who had organized previously and since the mother had collected for the bus driver, she just carried on with this practice. So go figure.....!
On a happy note we made a special trip this morning up to North Bay to go to the Metro Store where Prime Rib Roasts were on sale!!!  Yeah, we are now the proud owners of a nice Roast which is now in the freezer awaiting Christmas. The price was worth the trip so I am indeed happy. Now we are in discussion as to the rest of the menu... interesting times!
I think this afternoon I might pull out some sewing that i started last week. Do you remember that box of 2 1/2 cut squares you gave me Pati??   That box has been worth its weight in gold for me. And i think that it is bottomless besides.... I made a complete double quilt in nine square blocks with them, and then several toppers, and now I have taken all the reddish fabric and i am sewing blocks to make another ? something - maybe a table top or whatever?? But it is all because i had to clear my machine and get back to sewing - to save my soul haha!
Anyway after the snow and freezing rain etc last night I see the sun shining now - maybe a nice day or two in store? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment